Cert Man journey

This is my learning journal for the PG Certificate in Management course at Leeds Met University. It has little use to anyone else but is the easiest way for me to complete this part of my coursework. Read it if you will but I'm sure there are better examples out there.

Name:
Location: Leeds, Yorkshire, United Kingdom

I work in the public sector - I try to improve the lot of the citizens of Leeds, I have my doubts about my efficacy. I have brief forrays into various worlds - from the bleeding armchair liberal to crazy meglomanic. Luckily I'm far too lazy to exercise these tendancies far.

Monday, January 03, 2005

Progress at last

I have just had a stunningly productive time! After days of prevarication and hours today of "how the hell do I tackle this" I feel that this evening I have made massive progress. I have been doing the learning statement for the MIE assignment and had done about 3/4 of the first draft. Now I know this is still a significant shortfall (for a start it's well over wordcount) but I have identified several areas of further research, I am all enthused about my own personal development again, after days of feeling crappy, and I have realised that I have in fact learned a phenomenal amount over the last 3 months. I plan to draw up a lovely list of things I want to know more about - and at the moment everything is on it. Then the list will be altered when the course is over, the new job is found and it split according to things I need to know more about very quickly in this new demanding role, in line with my newfound self confidence (as opposed to the pretend self confidence I have been using to get by with all these years)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home