Cert Man journey

This is my learning journal for the PG Certificate in Management course at Leeds Met University. It has little use to anyone else but is the easiest way for me to complete this part of my coursework. Read it if you will but I'm sure there are better examples out there.

Name:
Location: Leeds, Yorkshire, United Kingdom

I work in the public sector - I try to improve the lot of the citizens of Leeds, I have my doubts about my efficacy. I have brief forrays into various worlds - from the bleeding armchair liberal to crazy meglomanic. Luckily I'm far too lazy to exercise these tendancies far.

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Assignment frenzy day 2

Not very frenzied as yet. I have a problem. I don't seem to have grasped exactly what the 5 topic headings in the Marketing assignment mean which is making it very difficult to address them. I have lots of stuff about my org and not very much about references, which comes back to the lack of grasp. DOH! If only he had used these headings at some point in the lecture course, if only they were in the glossaries of some of the text books! I am beginning to wade in treacle. It's quite bizarre that doing my MIE assignment is being reserved as a reward for achieving some of the marketing one!

I appear to have lost the CV print out and stuff so far on the MIE though... And a rather important bit of the assignment brief... Like the bit that says how many learning logs. Now I think that's not written down, I think we had a conversation that basically said "take about 8 of the core issues and explore them as learning experiences" . Why is it that that which seems so clear at the time becomes so confused as the assignment deadline approaches? Is that why people who learn from experience seem to suffer so much less than people who do courses? Or is it just that people who do courses have a lot more clarity about what they have learned because they have been more systematic in their methods? However reading the assignment assessment criteria really has left me well in the dark! I feel a break is required and a new start tomorrow! Yes have managed to get the 1st slideshow off webct and it gives me some clues. However these clues suggest that the learning logs for the assignment should be different from the actual learning log here and should be ones created specifically for the purpose of handing in. Hmm the war of "useful learning tools" and "tools to pass assignments" always rears it's ugly head somewhere...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home