Cert Man journey

This is my learning journal for the PG Certificate in Management course at Leeds Met University. It has little use to anyone else but is the easiest way for me to complete this part of my coursework. Read it if you will but I'm sure there are better examples out there.

Name:
Location: Leeds, Yorkshire, United Kingdom

I work in the public sector - I try to improve the lot of the citizens of Leeds, I have my doubts about my efficacy. I have brief forrays into various worlds - from the bleeding armchair liberal to crazy meglomanic. Luckily I'm far too lazy to exercise these tendancies far.

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

week 12 lessons

Not really lessons today. We had a tutorial on data - that was useful in the "make Iola feel she's got a better grip than others" sense but in the "make Iola feel she actually knows what is going on" sense was a bit lacking - poor others! Then had Data lecture - that was very useful - project planning and gant charts hold little fear for me now (clearly I'm derranged). A quick run through of the exam paper by the tutor in his "I'm only looking at this now" and "it would appear these are the topics you need to focus on over Xmas" was quite reassuring - I think the headache was getting quite bad at that point so I may have been missunderstanding however.

Then had a "module review" with Helen of the MIE module. This was actually far more positive than I had anticiapted. I was under the impression that many people were a lot more unhappy than they let on. I was reassured that I wasn't the only one who had learnt a lot but maybe had found it hard learning in places. This education business is a lark - there's no predicting what people will say. Sadly I do have an awful lot to do over the Xmas period to get the assignments in and have also got a blinding headache so the reflection is pretty poor here. Tomorrow between wrapping presents for the post I think finding assignment briefs and making a plan may be in order!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home