Cert Man journey

This is my learning journal for the PG Certificate in Management course at Leeds Met University. It has little use to anyone else but is the easiest way for me to complete this part of my coursework. Read it if you will but I'm sure there are better examples out there.

Name:
Location: Leeds, Yorkshire, United Kingdom

I work in the public sector - I try to improve the lot of the citizens of Leeds, I have my doubts about my efficacy. I have brief forrays into various worlds - from the bleeding armchair liberal to crazy meglomanic. Luckily I'm far too lazy to exercise these tendancies far.

Monday, October 18, 2004

Post homework trauma

Hmmm Yesterdays homework is proving more destructive than initially suspected - thought that the reflection herein would have been a damage limitation but I am still suffering from the "I am worthless, I am ..." sense in the emotional part of my brain which is making a determined effort to block and undermine the logical bit (that is being constructive) which is saying "this doesn't matter as long as you get on with the tasks in hand, complete them and move forward". The biology that is reminding me that fundamentally the only purpose that our bodies are designed to have is as a baby machine, and I have yet to consider this path is for me so the monthly intrusion always causes a "$£$%$," response is a bit of bad timing too. Plus not having a task that I feel completion of which will give me a sense of work based achievement is an agravator. Sadly I have spend far too much of the last 16 hours trying to logic away the damage of 2 hours reading and doing exercises. I did read a bunch of stuff for Data handling after last nights entry that was sufficient a lift to aid untroubled sleep at least.

It would be so easy just to blame the biology for the impatience with it all, is this a cop out or is this a valid course of action? Should I become one of those people who organises themselves around their monthly cycle? Seems ridiculous when I am normally oblivious to any emotional or physical build-up like so many unfortunate people are, Oh no - I do recollect 2 years ago finding the interpersonal issues at work most tearful 4 days before I was due on (in this instance the overwhelming worthless ness starting 1/2 a day before). After 4 months of this I gave up teaching altogether (this had been my try a different type of teaching before I leave the profession I spent the last 3 years battling with so was a last ditch attempt). Something to monitor? I am wary - will I falsely anticipate and create a problem if I am investigating this idea?

Hmm feeling better already - have a potential project - I sense a mood diary coming on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home