Cert Man journey

This is my learning journal for the PG Certificate in Management course at Leeds Met University. It has little use to anyone else but is the easiest way for me to complete this part of my coursework. Read it if you will but I'm sure there are better examples out there.

Name:
Location: Leeds, Yorkshire, United Kingdom

I work in the public sector - I try to improve the lot of the citizens of Leeds, I have my doubts about my efficacy. I have brief forrays into various worlds - from the bleeding armchair liberal to crazy meglomanic. Luckily I'm far too lazy to exercise these tendancies far.

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Week 4 lessons

This week we had more crazy marketing - the video made sense however, and I think reading the book will be helpful. The lecturer gets so lost in his stories that I loose the point I think (that and not knowing what the stories are about a lot of the time, I really don't have a clue do I?)

MIE was interesting - having recovered from the trauma of Sunday/Monday ran through a bunch of the stuff on HRs slides again with a bit of extra explanation and the Kineeky book got several references again, I feel it may have to accompany the coach trip to London this weekend. Then a "when has the halo/etc etc things happened to you" think and then group discussion. I am some kind of terminal optimist despite the evidence to the contrary I think since I go for the +VA spin on all these ways of identifying with people. Not so others but they seem to have "typical"bosses - the ones that do the "fix this, do that, amend the other" with no feedback sandwiches ever (good stuff bad stuff good stuff). The mood diary is progressing - it may be a side experiment but even if it shows me anything it'll be worthwhile. The stop and think isn't doing so well. Must try harder

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home