Cert Man journey

This is my learning journal for the PG Certificate in Management course at Leeds Met University. It has little use to anyone else but is the easiest way for me to complete this part of my coursework. Read it if you will but I'm sure there are better examples out there.

Name:
Location: Leeds, Yorkshire, United Kingdom

I work in the public sector - I try to improve the lot of the citizens of Leeds, I have my doubts about my efficacy. I have brief forrays into various worlds - from the bleeding armchair liberal to crazy meglomanic. Luckily I'm far too lazy to exercise these tendancies far.

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Residential

On my return from the residential I can say I have learned
I can contribute to a group as an equal not just as the minuter
I am clearly as bright as everyone else on the course
I no longer need to do everything just to fit in
I am good at quite a lot of things
I get impatient with crap music through tinny speakers
I like a group that banters and swears
I find it easier to be in a group that negotiates
Not all groups need a leader if everyone is willing to take the lead - this only works where full honest negotiation has been agreed
YOu can agree to differ and continue
I'm not very good at not being the person presenting the results... I find it unsettling (because I usually am)
What a lot to have learned. I feel pretty darn good about Iola, she needs to get on with thinking about her future now... after Wednesday when I hand in the assignments of course...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home